Re: [TenTec] Model 238C Tuner Questions

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Model 238C Tuner Questions
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 15:22:16 +0100
Even measuring the load impedance wont immediately tell you what are the best settings, for a couple of reasons:

1) The HiZ / LoZ labelling is a misnomer for an L-network tuner; for example, for a load of 10+j20 Ohms you would need the HiZ setting. 2) On the HiZ1 and LoZ1 settings, the 238 is not a simple L-match; compensating components are switched in to overcome the strays and the network becomes either a low-pass T-network or a low-pass Pi-network.

73,
Steve G3TXQ