Re: [TenTec] Model 238C Tuner Questions

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Model 238C Tuner Questions
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 19:31:55 -0500
Based on your power values, 200 watts forward and 80 watts reflected the SWR should be 4.44:1. I would agree that a 1:2 balun with a load of 25 ohm on one side should produce about 50 ohms on the other side. However, your SWR value of 1.3:1 is likely due to circulating currents on the feedline which otherwise make the SWR reading being non valid.

With a 4.44: 1 SWR this would project the impedance being either 222 ohms or 11.26 ohms reference 50 ohms. Are you sure the 1:2 balun is connected correctly? If it is reversed with a 25 ohm load on the "2" side then the "1" side would show 12.5 ohms. Might be worth looking a bit closer.

There are several SWR calculators available on the web. The require one to input forward power and input reflected power and the SWR value is shown.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim GM" <jim.gmforum@gmail.com>