[TenTec] Omni V.9 dead on 20m RX and TX

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V.9 dead on 20m RX and TX
From: Bob Towers <mm0rkt@gmx.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 19:04:56 +0000
I thought I'd revisit my old Omni V.9 - Christmas season, and all that - and have a look at interfacing a SDR in the 9Mhz IF circuit. It turned out to be a remarkably easy project using my Flex 1500, so I'm planning to put an IF output on the back of the rig and building a Softrock to do the job.

However, I noticed that 20m RX sensitivity was way down and I could barely hear the strongest SSB signals. TX didn't work, either. All other bands from 160 to 10m worked fine on RX and TX.

Any help in solving this one would be much appreciated.

73 and seasons greetings,

Bob Towers
MM0RKT
Hamilton