Re: [TenTec] Wanted......

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Wanted......
From: Clayton Brantley <clayton_n4ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 18:44:46 -0800 (PST)
Hello  Pete:

Glad to hear you are not on of the TenTec guys.  I have used mt Omni VI+ fro
several years
and really like it.  I bought a Jupiter and there are some things I like better
than what the Omni
has.  The Jupiter is a general coverage and does not need any filters.

Your Omni VI is a great radio and I would not part with it!  The Orion is a
great rig too and
much newer, so it still had the factory support.  They will still repair your
Omni but parts are
hard to get.  I was able to find an Omni that had a bad PLL board and have the
spares on hand
to keep mine going for a while.

73s and Happy New year!
Clayton N4EV