[TenTec] 238 tuner knob questions

To: Ten-Tec Reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 238 tuner knob questions
From: Rick W <ve7tk@yahoo.ca>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 13:48:25 -0800 (PST)
I am looking at replacing the Capacitor and Inductor knobs on my 229A tuner.
 I'd like to get something closer to the knobs on the Orion.  I've been looking
at the 238 and 238A/B tuner knobs and it "looks" like either will work.

Unfortunately I haven't found the ideal picture yet to be sure.  Both the 238
and 238A/B have, what looks like, a similar Capacitor knob with markings of 0
to 10 thru 180 degrees.  The inductor knob photos are less usable.   Many years
ago I had a 238 tuner with my Omni V and I remember the inductor knob had
markings around the 360 degree circumference.  So I think that a 238 inductor
knob will work nicely with the 229A.  However, the 238A/B knobs are my
preference.

Is the 238A/B knob similar to the 238 or does it mate or include a multi-turn
indicator mechanism?  Does anyone know if the 238C type multi-turn inductor
counter knob can be retro-fitted to the 238 or 229 tuners?

Thanks.

73,
Rick
VE7TK