[TenTec] Paragon II Failure to Transmit

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon II Failure to Transmit
From: <rrbunn@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 13:56:02 -0500
Folks,  My beloved Paragon II (I've had it for 15 years) locked up after i got
back from 3 weeks vacation.  Power supply was on but the radio was off and
antenna grounded.  When I first powered it up the reciever acted as it should
but no audio out of the speaker.  I turned both the radio and power supply off
and restarted.  This time I got 67.34&&& on the display (I cannot replicate the
other characters)and it would not reset.   I called Ten Tec and they told me to
pull the RAM/ROM board and reseat which I did.  Now the radio receives but will
not switch to transmit with either TUNE, Hand Mike, Desk Mike or CW key.  the
audio drops down but the rest of the radio does not go into transmit.  Ten Tec
is sending ne a new CPU battery,   I don' t know if this well help, but...

Any other ideas?

I am interested in buying a new radio and all three of the Ten-Tecs look good.
Any idea of comparison to the Paragon II in terms of the Sherwood specs list?

I am an engineer and extra class ham, but the more I read the more confused I
get.  I want to be able to contest and DX as well as rag chew.  Your
recommendations are welcome.

73 Rick
N4ASX