[TenTec] Jupiter AM audio clipping

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter AM audio clipping
From: tclapper <tclapper@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:54:45 -0500
Hello all, I am having a problem with my Jupiter on AM.
The ALC seems to clip my audio on voice peaks. I have
the drive at 25 watts and tried various settings with
the mic gain. Another note, sometimes with the mic gain
completely off my test station says he can still hear me
but the clipping is not so bad. And another question,
When I use the AUTO-SET for the AM mode it will
put the power bar about half inch up on the scale but
not power output until I adjust it to 25 watts. All is
ok on ssb.
So, anyone have a clue about this one ??

de: K3XI Tim