Re: [TenTec] OMNI V

To: wa5yom@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI V
From: Bruce Jones <wa8hgx7@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 22:27:54 -0500
Tim
You might start by checking the electrolytic caps, sometime when the unit
takes a lightning hit the damage does not always show up right away but the
caps were weakened and now just popped.  I have repaired several lightning
hit radios they played fine for several weeks one even lasted over a year
then just starting acting up.. In each case I found  bad caps. This may not
be your issue but it is worth a close look..
Bruce WA8HGX