Re: [TenTec] Open wire line

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Open wire line
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 08:57:19 +0100
Nah, that one falls more under the category"

 "THERE ARE THINGS WHICH DON'T EXIST."

When using 300 Ohm, it is best to at least buy the good stuff (like the
Wireman sells).
The Rat Shack stuff is not so good.

When I burry it, I simply insert the piece to be buried inside a flexible
PVC conduit - the kind they use here to run household electrical wiring
through.  Also works when just laying it on the roof.

For running up poles, the little stand-off insulators are still available
from Rat Shack, so there is no reason to strap it to the pole.

Makes you wonder what his signal would have been like if he had done it
right.

BTW, as James said, "don't get Rick started on Openwire".
Like Bob, 50 years experience with it.

73
Rick, DJ0IP