[TenTec] TEN-TEC NETS ARE ALIVE AND WELL!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>, <tentec@mailman.qth.net>, <TenTec_539@yahoogroups.com>, <TenTec@yahoogroups.com>, <TenTec_Eagle@yahoogroups.com>, <Ten-Tec-Omni-VII@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TEN-TEC NETS ARE ALIVE AND WELL!
From: "John Occhipinti" <k3ur@att.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 20:45:41 -0500
Just like the TEN-TEC Company, the TEN-TEC 40 meter and 20 meter SSB nets are
alive and well. This is the first time that we had the identical number of
different people checking in on both nets today.

Although the 40 meter net starting time is 20:00 UTC (3PM Easten Time) on 7.260
LSB, the 40 meter net was alive and jumping shortly after 2PM Eastern Time,
with many people keeping the fires burning. By "net time", I had already
checked in 25 stations. We ended up with 87 people checking into the 40 meter
net today.

Ironically we had the same number of 87 checkins on the 20 meter net which
started at 21:00 UTC (4 PM Eastern Time) on 14.325 USB. These 87 checkins on
each of the nets were all not from the same people. A lot of people checked
into the 20 meter net from California, Arizona, Colorado, Texas, Kansas, Oregon
and Oklahoma, who could not get into the 40 meter net.

We had many first time checkins and new TEN-TEC owners, which can attest to the
fact that TEN-TEC, INC. is still doing very well in the Amateur Radio market.

Thanks to Lloyd N2KPC for helping with the relays and thanks to Bob K4TAX for
being available on the 40 meter net, as he took questions from several
different people.

We have the added priviledge of having John KC2QMA, who has been streaming the
live audio of the nets for anyone to listen to themselves as they check in.

Thanks to all who check into our nets each week and a big thank you for your
support. I do appreciate each one of you and count it a real priviledge to be
the net control of the TEN-TEC nets. Have a safe and wonderful week.

John, K3UR

http://www.qrz.com/db/k3ur
John D. Occhipinti, K3UR
Net Control, TEN-TEC SSB Nets