Re: [TenTec] LAST WORD ON ORLANDO HAMFEST

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] LAST WORD ON ORLANDO HAMFEST
From: Gene Story <gfstory@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 22:16:40 -0800
Dave -
Did you call Jim?

Hi Dave -
My apologies if I got this wrong but I think a non Ten-Tec employee provided a
conduit to an appropriate person at Ten-Tec to address your question directly?
If so, I believe the opportunity  to talk to Jim directly on the subject matter
is a terrific offer.

About six years ago, I stopped budgeting for trade shows for a US branch of a
company I was controlling with the blessing of the home office overseas.
Instead we sent a rep to "walk the floors" of a select few shows to maintain
and make new contacts.  We rented a suite a couple of times to discuss
contracts and do a few demos but otherwise, completely slashed the expense of
shows.  And most magazine ads were cut too.  Focused marketing campaigns via
the Internet paid off far better.  Unlike trade shows, we could quantify the
effort/expense and profit results.  Rather than bleed money and time with key
employees at trade shows, we took advantage of the Internet.

None of us knows why T-T has changed their marketing efforts for shows and hard
print ads.  They are a privately held company and they (frankly) don't have to
tell us.   While the current T-T Net on 40 and 20 meters is just a sliver of
all users worldwide, this and other personal on the air contacts I have made
and the Internet suggests to me the enthusiasm for the T-T product is alive and
well.  I know I love my 565 Orion and accessories.  I am betting most of us
will continue to support their efforts.

Heck, take this offline and give Jim a call.  I would have jumped at an invite
like that.  The rest of us may puzzle a bit but I do not think most of us can
afford to make it to shows anymore.   Not 100% of us use the Internet either
but it is where most of the marketing effort is directed these days.

Gene. /. K7TXO

Sent from my iPad