Re: [TenTec] (no subject)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] (no subject)
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 20:44:36 -0500
I have used MFJ switching power supplies at other guys' shacks and at remote special event stations, and was impressed by the fact the cooling fans were on all the time, and made a lot of noise. Consequently, I use large Astron linear supplies for my HF gear, and a 25 amp Astron switching supply for my UHF/VHF gear. I cannot say which MFJ models were in use - but none of them impressed me enough to buy one.

I would probably consider a Samlex, Alinco, or Daiwa power supply before any of the MFJ switching products. I might consider a MFJ linear supply if I was sure it did not come with a noisy fan problem.

Just MY take... your mileage may differ.