[TenTec] TEN-TEC 40 METER & 20 METER NET RESULTS

To: <tentec@mailman.qth.net>, <tentec@contesting.com>, <TenTec_539@yahoogroups.com>, <TenTec_Eagle@yahoogroups.com>, <TenTec@yahoogroups.com>, <Ten-Tec-Omni-VII@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TEN-TEC 40 METER & 20 METER NET RESULTS
From: "John Occhipinti" <k3ur@att.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 20:46:05 -0500
After searching for a clear frequency on 40 meters I finally found a spot open
on 7.270 Mhz and called CQ for the TEN-TEC 40 meter SSB net at 18:50 UTC (1 1/2
hours before net time) and found several of our net members responding to my
call. We had a difficult time hearing many of the people calling in, but still
managed to check in 73 people.

The TEN-TEC 20 meter net started up at 21:00 UTC on 14.325 Mhz and we had 69
people check in. I want to thank Lloyd N2KPC in NJ and Steve K0SX in CO for
assisting me with the relays on the 20 meter net.

We had 10 people reach or surpass the 10 checkin mark and they now qualify for
their first TEN-TEC Certificate, which will be signed by Jim Wharton NO4A, Vice
President TEN-TEC, Inc. They are:

1.AB4IQ  Ed in KY
2.K3GDX, Frank in NJ
3.K9QED, Phil in IL
4.KD0QWO, Barry in MO
5.KI4YOB, Douglass in FL
6.KR0K, Larry in MN
7.N2KPC, Lloyd in NJ
8.W4CM, Cecil in VA
9.WA4THR, Vic in PA
10.W2ZQ, Lloyd in NJ

Thanks to John KC2QMA in TN for streaming the net with his cam/audio feed, as
many took advantage to hear themselves in real time during the net.

Thanks to everyone for your support of the TEN-TEC nets. I will be posting the
new updated Data Base on the TEN-TEC Yahoo Groups within the next hour and you
can find it in the FILES section. Have a safe and blessed week.

John, K3UR

http://www.qrz.com/db/k3ur
John D. Occhipinti, K3UR
Net Control, TEN-TEC SSB Nets