[TenTec] Finally fixed the flaky meter lamp in my Omni VI

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Finally fixed the flaky meter lamp in my Omni VI
From: Peter Bertini <radioconnection@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 14:45:08 -0500
The left lamp has been driving me nuts :)  It would flicker, go dim, or go
out. Opened the case several times and tried a new lamp, cleaning the lamp
socket contacts, checking the PC board cable and connector. Of course,
anything that involves touching or poking would "fix" the problem for a few
days, but it always came back. Today I had enough. I finally isolated the
problem to the bayonet metal shell on the socket not making a good
electrical contact to the metal mounting bracket. Seam soldering between
the bracket and shell (one spot) fixed it. Another annoying problem fixed.

Intermittent Ic meter reading was traced to an unsoldered lug on the meter
switch last year.  Thank goodness these rigs are made to be worked on and
repairable!

Pete