Re: [TenTec] Antw: Re: 565 Low level audio on headphones

To: "rmcgraw@blomand.net" <rmcgraw@blomand.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Antw: Re: 565 Low level audio on headphones
From: Michael Cheponis <michael.cheponis@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 13:38:19 -0700
This is a great discussion of cans and related issues.  Thanks, all, for
sharing your expertise.

I wanted to mention the Bose QC15 cans.  They are noise-canceling ( great for
reducing the background noise from fans on your amp, for example ) and they are
*extremely* comfortable.  I wear mine for six, sometimes more, hours per day (
can use them without the cord connected as noise reduction devices, and I do
this when I am concentrating on my software job ).

It has two "volume settings" built-in, lo and hi, set with a switch on the
plug-in cord.  Surprisingly, this has made them "versatile enough" for my use
as audio (hi-fi) cans as well as being a great companion for the Orion II.  The
adjustable RX audio response of the O2 is helpful here.

The built-in preamp means they are quite sensitive.  It uses a single AAA cell;
I often use lithium, which adds almost no weight and lasts a long time; but I
also have some AAA NiMH 1,000 mAH rechargeables that work FB, too.

They aren't cheap, but how much is hearing well worth?

I wish I would get a penny for every time I told folks about these, but I have
no commercial interest in Bose except as a happy customer.

Also, be sure to take them next time you're on a flight...

Mike K3MC