[TenTec] TEN-TEC SSB NETS ON SUNDAY

To: <tentec@mailman.qth.net>, <tentec@contesting.com>, <TenTec@yahoogroups.com>, <TenTec_539@yahoogroups.com>, <TenTec_Eagle@yahoogroups.com>, <Ten-Tec-Omni-VII@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TEN-TEC SSB NETS ON SUNDAY
From: "John Occhipinti" <k3ur@att.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 19:56:05 -0400
The TEN-TEC 40 meter SSB net will meet on Sunday March 17th at 19:00 UTC on or
about 7.261 LSB. Yes, the 40 meter net is moving up 1 kHz in order to avoid any
interference with the SouthCars Net, which has operated on 7.258 assisting
mobiles and handling emergency traffic for many years.

As a former Net Control for the EastCars Net when I lived in Pennsylvania, I
have had great respect for these groups for over 35 years. Moving up 1 kHz is
only fair to both of our nets and in the spirit of harmony, Amateur Radio will
continue to be elevated to a higher plane.

The TEN-TEC 20 meter SSB net will meet following the 40 meter net at 20:00 UTC
on or about 14.325 USB. The TEN-TEC Certificate Program which was started by
Jim Wharton NO4A, Vice President TEN-TEC Inc. has been a huge success with 26
people having already received their first certificate, since the program
started on January 20th of this year.

15 more people have the opportunity to reach or surpass their 10 checkin total
this Sunday and will qualify for their first certificate. Remember, there is
also a TEN-TEC Silver Certificate for 25 checkins and a TEN-TEC Gold
Certificate for 50 checkins. You can see what these beautiful certificates look
like by clicking on this link of my QRZ page  http://www.qrz.com/db/k3ur

Concerning my recent posting, we will be listening for any questions or
concerns about any TEN-TEC product during both nets. Please feel free to relay
any stations that may be weak at my Atlanta Area location.

Thanks to all those who check into our nets for all of your efforts and
support. Yes, you have made the TEN-TEC Nets arise out of dormancy after
several years of no nets. You are the reason why I continue to do my best to
hold these nets together each week. All of you who regularly check into the
nets are directly responsible for the TEN-TEC Nets being an integral part of
our Amateur Radio hobby and I appreciate each one of you!

John, K3UR

John D. Occhipinti, K3UR
Net Control, TEN-TEC SSB Nets
http://k3ur.com