Re: [TenTec] TEN-TEC SSB NETS ON SUNDAY

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TEN-TEC SSB NETS ON SUNDAY
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 11:56:38 -0500
*Having called the Tennessee Section ARRL Phone Net at 3980Khz for about 3
years and Not Missing as Net Control for over a year and a half on
Wednesday Nights. I could tell some interesting stories. Such as, one
evening and about to start the Net, my VFO got bumped up by about 200
Cycles. It didn't take long for 2 or 3 people to advise me that I was Off
Frequency. What part of "ON OR ABOUT 3980 KHz." was it that these folks
could now understand? I agree with Bob/K4TAX. The Net Control is Never off
frequency. But, did you also know that, to Please some of the Appliance
Operators, I had to drop back down to the display reading of 3980 KHz.
Which I assume made the Paragon very close. I doubt that any station was
Exactly on Frequency. What a Major Sin I committed! Had I not been able to
fix it quickly, I really fear that a Mob brandishing Clubs and Hay Rakes
would have shown up at my door. John, you are doing a Great Job. Thank You
for your service to the Net and to Us ....*
*
Wade/KJ4WS*