Re: [TenTec] Need help with corsair ii

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Need help with corsair ii
From: "Robert Mcgraw" <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 10:17:28 -0500 (CDT)
The original description was a report of "low audio".  In my thinking,
this is really not likely however low power output is more likely if
audio is not adequate.  If audio gain in the system is inadequate the
only result is low output as the output is directly related to the audio
level from the mike.

Since Barry finds the same voltages, then I have to suspect the power
level is not correct.  What is the power in TUNE or CW key down mode?  If
this is correct then this says the circuits are likely working correctly.

Since the mikes are reportedly working OK on other radios, then again
this points back to the radio or the set-up with the radio.

Not having a radio on the bench to do measurements, I'm more speculating
at likely general issues.

73
Bob, K4TAX