Re: [TenTec] Need help with corsair ii

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Need help with corsair ii
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 16:23:31 +0000
On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 3:40 PM, <nf4r@comcast.net> wrote:

> I don't have another amplified mic. The 705 works fine on my paragon,but
> the input circuits may be different,

Looking at the schematics, the Paragon appears to have substantially
(23dB?) more gain in the mic input circuit compared to the Corsair.

Without an oscilloscope, without another high output mic or mic preamp -
not sure what to  tell you.  I still think it's the mic, and if that's the
case, sending it to Ten-Tec service won't help.

IMHO, an outboard mic preamp (Behringer) is an indispensable tool to have
in any ssb hamshack.

73,
Barry N1EU