Re: [TenTec] Need help with corsair ii

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Need help with corsair ii
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 09:28:11 +0000
On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 4:37 AM, Richards <jruing@ameritech.net> wrote:

>         Right - that is what mixers do.  OK...  What two inputs
>         do I want to mix?  Why mix any of them?

One example is I use a soundcard voice keyer for occasional ssb
contesting.  I need to mix the soundcard output with my mic output and feed
to line input of radio.

Another example:  when I was experimenting on modifying my Omni 6 a.f.
circuit, I could feed the product detector output into the mixer and use it
as a preamp, use the mixer's effect loop to bring an equalizer into the
signal path to determine what low pass filtering was needed to eliminate
the hiss - an experimental alternative to the Omni 6 dsp filtering to see
what dsp-less rx audio sounded like.  The mixer is just a nice tool to have
around if you ever experiment like this.  The mixer's effect loop is very
handy to switch in (or mix in) an outboard processor.

If you have multiple microphones, the mixer is a great way to quickly bring
them in and out and allows you to precisely set levels - it has very nice
audio level meter.

It has multiple XLR inputs for pro microphones, along with phantom (48V)
power.  How many radios have XLR inputs?

It has a headphone output so you can monitor the audio directly and know
exactly what you're feeding into the radio.

It has 3 bands of EQ for each input - this is limited in the sense of a
full blown equalizer, but comes in very handy to touch up the audio.

ETC ETC ETC

73,
Barry N1EU