Re: [TenTec] Computer Headset Secured -- Now What?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Computer Headset Secured -- Now What?
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 13:22:53 +0200
I hate to resurrect a dead thread, but I just received my el Cheap'o
Headset, the SM-750M.V today.

Unfortunately they do not mate well with the Eagle.
I won't be able to use them.

As many of you know, the Eagle has a funny audio noise which some people are
calling "CPU noise".
This noise is normally only audible on headphones and only when not
receiving a station...in other words, only when listening to static.

Unfortunately this noise is quite audible on my cheap headphones.
I will compare it to a couple other headphones:

 <> Sennheiser HD 414 SL:   S1/S2
 <> Sennheiser PC 350:      S1 (almost S0)
 <> SM-750M.V:              S3/S4 (almost un-usable)
 <> Telex Xtal Headphones:  S0 (just barely discernible)

I have no idea of the difference in frequency response of these different
headphones, but there is one heck of a difference in the signal level of the
interfering audio noise.

The Telex headphones have always been my favorite overall, because they are
so lightweight.
Of course they are mono, not stereo.
Here's a picture of them: http://www.dj0ip.de/gallery/old-telex-headset/

The new el Cheap'o just isn't going to work.  In fact I can even hear the
noise when listening to stations, not just static.
I'm not a happy camper, but my loss was about $10 including shipping to
Europe.
I guess I can always use them for something else.

73
Rick, DJ0IP