[TenTec] Advice of my Omni VI

To: "TenTec@contesting.com" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Advice of my Omni VI
From: Roger Rippy <svtincup@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 06:41:56 -0700 (PDT)
Good morning guys,

Thanks for the excellent discussion of whether a company like Ten Tec
should support previous products from a business and financial perspective.

>From the standpoint of supply and demand, how many TT Omni VI
transceivers have been produced and still out there somewhere? The
theory of supply and demand should indicate that there is a very large
potential customer base out there. Many large corporations like IBM
have gone on record that their focus going forward is service and not
new sales; service will also produce new sales.

Stuart's point is well taken and he is absolutely right; some semiconductors
etc. may be out of production at this point in time. But does the
industry know there is a demand; not if company's choose to stop
asking for a particular part or device. Supply and demand works very
well in our global marketplace. I would imagine that someone in China
or India or wherever can sell you any part your heart desires.

If they do it right, they are not supporting me and others by supporting
their previous products; they should in fact be making good money on all
their services. I do not recall that anyone on the list has complained about
what the TT service department charges if they perceive they got some
value for their buck.

In terms of the training and expertise of a company service staff; I face
that same issue with my company. In order to increase profits or meet
other financial goals, the training budget is usually the first one to go
by the wayside. Big mistake in my opinion. The cost of doing
business.........how much is a brand's reputation worth?

Nothing in my comments should suggest that the TT service staff is
anything but the professionals that they are; they have helped me on
many an occasion. I am certainly a big TT fan and have two of
their rigs front and center on my desk and used almost daily; if
anything I want TT to enjoy continued success for many years
to come. Enough said for a Saturday morning; thanks for the
off-line support; the old OMNI VI is running strong at the moment
and life is good in Montana. 73s W7RIP