Re: [TenTec] Advice on my Omni VI

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Advice on my Omni VI
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 20:13:20 +0000
An interesting issue.  I'd offer up two possibilities to consider as well:

1.  With technician turn-over, it could be VERY difficult for Ten-Tec to
maintain a high level of expertise in Omni VI troubleshooting.  How are you
going to train a new guy today to be an expert Omni 6 troubleshooter,
especially when it's probably not that often that an Omni 6 comes across
the bench?  I would think it's likely that the ace troubleshooter from 15
years ago is gone now.

2.  With that in mind, Ten-Tec might be in a bind when it takes the tech
several hours to crack a tough Omni 6 problem - they're damned if they
present the customer with a high labor bill and they're damned if they
don't.

I would think there are third party repair techs around that specialize in
these older Ten-Tecs who might be a good option for all parties concerned.

73,
Barry N1EU