[TenTec] Advice on my Omni VI

To: "TenTec@contesting.com" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Advice on my Omni VI
From: Roger Rippy <svtincup@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 08:22:50 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks guys for all you advice and experience with this type of situation. Bob
(K4TAX), I have followed your advice before and maybe I will do it again. After
last nights episode, it eventually returned to full operation without me doing
anything. Don (NT0F), your approach sounds good but like you said when you add
up the money spent, the question becomes one of what you need to do to have a
good reliable rig. And Paul (K0UYA), your point are well taken. I agree with
the personal assessment that TT does not really want to work on Omni VI s any
more and that really leads  me to question TT's direction and core values. But
of course business is business and I fully understand the need to sell products
and maintain cash flow. What we have found in my business is that a decent
amount of return on capital can be achieved by focusing on service to including
servicing the products that you have sold. So do you invest in an Omni VII,
knowing that someday TT
 might choose to stop fully supporting this product or do you look at that
other American amatuer radio manufacturer for your next rig. Of course what Don
said hits home too in that I really.....really like my Omni VI and would turn
around and buy a new one today if it was available. Enough said..........thanks
guys and 73s   Rip    W7RIP