Re: [TenTec] Looking for advice on my Omni VI

To: "Roger Rippy" <svtincup@yahoo.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Looking for advice on my Omni VI
From: "Robert Mcgraw" <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 09:19:16 -0500 (CDT)
Open it up, removing the top and bottom covers.  Carefully unplug each
connector, apply a very small amount of contact cleaner and plug the
connector back in.   Yep, every one of them including the ones on the
front panel.  By removing the two top screws at the left and right side
of the front panel it will tilt forward making access much easier.

On using contact cleaner, every one has their favorite brand.  My rule
"least is best".

Usually this is the source of many intermittent ills.

73
Bob, K4TAX