[TenTec] TEN-TEC 40 METER & 20 METER NET RESULTS FOR SUNDAY MAY 12, 2013

To: <tentec@mailman.qth.net>, <tentec@contesting.com>, <ten_tec_radio_net@yahoogroups.com>, "Jim Wharton" <jwharton@tentec.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TEN-TEC 40 METER & 20 METER NET RESULTS FOR SUNDAY MAY 12, 2013
From: "John Occhipinti" <k3ur@att.net>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 22:37:51 -0400
The TEN-TEC 40 meter warmup net was under way at 18:00 UTC on 7.261, with a lot
of question and answer exchanges about various TEN-TEC radios. The 40 meter net
officially started at 19:00 UTC with 71 people checking in.

The TEN-TEC 20 meter net followed at 20:00 UTC on 14.323 with very poor band
conditions and also 2 different QSO's were taking place on each side of our
operating frequency. Coupled together with Mother's Day activities, we still
were able to checkin 35 people.

Congratulations to the 2 new 10 Checkin Certificate winners:

1.N8RZO    Ken     MI
2.WA3DX   Earl     NJ

We also had 16 new first time checkins to the nets. I had a pleasant surprise,
as a dear old friend of mine, ZF1DG, Durl, checked into the 20 meter net from
his home in the Grand Caaman Islands.

Thanks to Lloyd N2KPC in NJ for doing his usual good job as the Official
Relay Station for the TEN-TEC nets and also to John KC2QMA in TN for streaming
the live audio over the internet during both nets.

Remember that there will not be any TEN-TEC nets next Sunday May 19th, as Lloyd
N2KPC and I will be at the Dayton Hamvention, working at the TEN-TEC Booth
along with the rest of the TEN-TEC Officials and TEN-TEC Ambassadors.

I will post the new Certificate Data Base in the FILES section. Thank you and
have a safe and blessed week.

John, K3UR

http://www.qrz.com/db/k3ur
John D. Occhipinti, K3UR