Re: [TenTec] 238A-C roller inductor

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 238A-C roller inductor
From: "Robert Mcgraw" <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 19:01:02 -0500 (CDT)
Unless you have a physically damaged roller and associated hardware, I've
found a good cleaning and very light application of contact cleaner will
restore the items to good condition.

As a general practice, never adjust the roller with any significant power
applied. I always use my antenna bridge to make my tuner adjustments.

73
Bob, K4TAX

> Got a nice used(again)238A TT tuner and the roller inductor is getting a
> tad long in the tooth?
> Priced a new one out of TT but can't justify it right now.
> Has anyone installed an aftermarket inductor in  their TT tuner?if so,
> can you send me the details. Thanks...

Disclosure:
I am a Tentec Ambassador and compensated according to the Tentec
Ambassador plan. I serve as a volunteer beta test person for the Omni
VII, Eagle and Argonaut VI products.   Otherwise, I hold no business or
employment interest with Tentec.