Re: [TenTec] Orion 2 situation

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 2 situation
From: Darrell Bellerive <drbellerive.va7to@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 19:01:05 -0700
I agree that Ten-Tec website is less than satisfactory. Clearly they need help in that area. A site search still does not find anything to do with the new 506 Rebel.

As someone who spent many years working in engineering for a major telecom company, I tend to prefer product information from an engineering perspective. I too would like to see much more product detail on their website.

On the other hand, the pure marketing types can lose sight of reality in favour of hype, and soon we could see claims that the Omni VII produces 1100 watts output. 100 watts on each of 11 ham bands for a total of 1100 watts. :-)

As an outsider who has absolutely no knowledge of the goings on inside of Ten-Tec, I can't help but wonder if there are some internal problems. My perceptions are that there may be financial problems and too much micro management, coupled with ever increasing product and market complexity. A tough challenge for any company, but tougher for those who have been doing things a certain way for over 40 years.

I really, really hope that Ten-Tec can survive in the Amateur Radio marketplace.

73, Darrell VA7TO

Darrell Bellerive