[TenTec] Eagle owners....need input, please.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Eagle owners....need input, please.
From: John Frazier <fraz1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 21:51:22 -0500
Hello Eagle users.....

I am interested in the Eagle and would appreciate input from CW ops. Specifically, I am interested in your experience with QSK and SPLIT, since these are important to me.

I understand from the manual that pressing and holding A/B enables SPLIT, and simply pressing A/B swaps the two VFO's. But, I note that you need to use the Function mode to equalize the two VFO's. Since I frequently use SPLIT, I am trying to decide if this additional step/procedure is awkward. I usually run QSK at 23-30 wpm. I am familiar with recent TT gear having owned the Orion, Orion II, and Omni VII.

Any input on the above two functions, or other general performance comments, would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to email me off-list if you prefer.

73 John W4II   fraz1 at bellsouth.net