Re: [TenTec] Argo V amp keying

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argo V amp keying
From: Mark N8COO <n8coo.ham@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 22:47:46 +0000

> Message: 12
> Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 08:06:53 -0400
> From: Dave Edwards <kd2e@comcast.net>
> To: tentec@contesting.com
> Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argo V amp keying
>
> Is that not the line already available on the accessory connector? (for
> keying the radio)
>
> ...Dave

Hi Dave,

Sorry I did not specifically answer your original question.  Please allow
me to try again:

The PTT you mentioned earlier (on AUX 1) is to be able to place the rig
into transmit mode, when grounded -  like for a transmit foot switch, or a
typical soundcard interface that utilizes hard keying of the rig such as
through the computer's serial port.  The manual calls it "keyline input"
(page 6.)  It does not provide closure upon transmit.

As shipped from the factory, the line ("T" line) is not available on the
AUX 1 connector, or any of the other connectors, nor is there a factory
installed provision for keying of an external amp through relay closure or
other means on the Argonaut V.

The replies given for addition to your rig of a keying circuit for your amp
will do the job, but will involve some modification of the rig.  You might
want to bring the "T" line out though the slot for the fan wires or
somewhere similar and mount the keying circuit externally, thus making it
easily reversible and no drilling any holes - if that is a concern.

73, Mark N8COO