Re: [TenTec] Argo V amp keying

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argo V amp keying
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 22:04:32 +0200
Dave,

That is definitely NOT on the accessory connector.
The "T" line has NEVER been brought to the real panel for tapping into - not
on any transceiver.

The AUX Jack (accessory connector) was wired as follows:

Pin-1:  Line Out
Pin-2:  Line IN
Pin-3:  Shield (Common Ground)
Pin-4:  Spare (not used)
Pin-5:  PTT

Pin-5 is used to key the ArgoV into TX mode from an external device.
It is NOT the "T" line.

You really have to dig inside the box, find and tap into the T line and use
one (preferably two) transistors to key a small reed relay.  The reed relay
can then be used to key the Linear Amp.

The components to do this will cost you about $3, including the relay.
Actually due to inflation (the price of stuff at Rat Shack these days), it's
probably more like $5.

73
Rick, DJ0IP