Re: [TenTec] Wet ladderline

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Wet ladderline
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 16:59:21 +0200
Years ago before we had Thermo pane glass and just one thin piece of glassin
the window to "shoot through", I solved my problem the simple "no holes"
way.  I cut 4 pieces of aluminum foil, each 1 sq. ft., taped two of them on
the inside of the window and two of them on the outside of the window.  The
side by side spacing was about one inch.  Then I attached the openwire
inside the house to the inside pair and outside the house to the outside
pair.  I used them as huge capacitors and shot through them no problem,
running about 700w (input).

Unfortunately that doesn't work anymore with modern windows.  The gap is too
wide.

73
Rick, DJ0IP