[TenTec] RE; Rohn 45G Saddle Clamps

To: <DX-IS@yahoogroups.com>, "TenTec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>, "SMC" <smc@w9smc.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE; Rohn 45G Saddle Clamps
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 19:06:03 -0500
Thanks to all for responding, but no I have not seen anything at DXenginering
which comes close to meeting the requirement to fit in the bottom of the U of
the U-bolt with a reversed piece over the legs of the U-bolt forming an O
around the tower leg. The leg is one and a quarter inch O.D. the legs of the
U-bolt has a one and a half inch separation, so the saddle clamps are a little
less than one-eighth thick and two of them act as a shim and pad to spread the
clamping force rather than the U-bolt radial circumference against the contact
point of the leg.

I may have to reverse engineer a pair of
http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-sad-125a on each leg with a squared
bottom U-bolt, or something similar. Rohn just uses a one and a quarter inch
space between legs U-bolt now for the 25G and 45G current house bracket, so I
may have to get my head wrapped around the idea that just a U-bolt is good
enough.

Best regards,

CSM(r) Gary L Huber – AB9M
9679 Heron Bay Road