Re: [TenTec] What is Tentec Doing Today?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What is Tentec Doing Today?
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 20:40:19 -0400
I don't knock any team I am on.

I presume the team at TenTec is doing its best to survive in a difficult economy. I further suspect it has cut costs to the bone and more than one employee now wears more than one hat. I also presume every rational organization acts according to what it perceives to be its best interests, and in the best interests of its customers.

While I am disappointed in the paucity of Omni VII updates, I am impressed TT is continuing to update firmware for my 2007 vintage Orion II, as well as updates for the even older Orion. Even if it never produces another new product, it continues to demonstrate commitment to its products and loyalty to its customers.

I sympathize with those unhappy with their purchases, but continuing to agonize after several years seems counterproductive and can only spawn misery. Grandad used to say, "Either get happy, or get out." In this context, getting happy means enjoying the rig as it is, and hoping for the best. Getting out means selling the rig and buying something else that will give you greater satisfaction.

Complaining to US is like preaching to the choir and nothing we write here can change anything. Speculation is merely guessing. Speculation ultimately proves correct only by coincidence. So, let's just wait and see what develops. In the mean time, if the wheels of progress turn too slowly for you, then quit the team and buy another rig that will provide greater satisfaction.

When I purchased my rig, I understood firmware "could" be updated, not that it "would" be updated, and that new features "could" be added in the future, not that they "would" be. And I believe TT is doing its best to do deliver both!

It is possible TT is trying very hard, but may ultimately fail to bring new features and new products to market. But, I don't knock any team I am on, and until the horn blows to signal end of the Final Quarter, I won't lose faith, even if we are behind in the final minutes. You can count on this type of loyalty when I am on YOUR team.

        Toady John Henry, Jim and Paul in Service,
        fell all over themselves helping me solve
        a problem - and it will probably cost me
        a whole $9 for a new battery.   They worked
        really hard to discover the root cause of
        the problem and avoid my having to send the
        rig in to TT HQ for a service call.

        This made me feel like I am an integral part
        of the team.

That is just MY take.  Your mileage may vary.