Re: [TenTec] 160 meters, ten ted 238 tuner, part two

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 160 meters, ten ted 238 tuner, part two
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 22:20:28 +0100
Mike, just for a quick test, insert a 4:1 balun, between the openwire and
the 1:1 current balun.
Just insert an SO-239 between the 50 Ohm side of the new balun and the
antenna side of the 1:1 balun.
Only use that balun on 30m.  In general you will be better off with a 1:1
balun but you might need a step-up transformer in front of it.

Although a current balun is usually the preferred solution, because you
still have the 1:1 balun in-line, the 4:1 can even be a voltage balun.

73
Rick, DJ0IP