Re: [TenTec] 160 meters, ten ted 238 tuner, part two

To: <k9yc@arrl.net>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 160 meters, ten ted 238 tuner, part two
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 07:37:16 +0100
Jim, on my web site in the section on CMC, I don't even entitle it "CMC".

That doesn't interest Joe Ham.  In fact most Joe Hams don't even know what
common mode current is.

So the first thing we must do is make them aware of the problem.

So I called my section on CMC, "Common Mode Chaos."

Joe is curious so possibly he will click on that.

If he clicks on the page, he sees a monster with a piece of coax in his
mouth.

The title:  "the beast that bit my coax".

THIS makes Joe aware that there even is a problem.

Then after a brief description of the problem, I refer him to you and Ian
and Roy for the solutions.

He is in much better hands with you guys than he is with me.

I'm sure engineers will find my approach a bit corny, but it does help
create awareness of the problem.

Take a look: http://www.dj0ip.de/common-mode-chaos/

73

Rick