[TenTec] Omni VII, Eagle and Argonaut VI updates

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VII, Eagle and Argonaut VI updates
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 19:30:18 -0600
Here's a message posted by Tentec Engineering as it relates to the Omni VII, the Eagle and the Argonaut VI. I didn't see that it was posted here so I took the liberty to do so.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: jhenry@tentec.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 3:59 PM
Subject: [TenTec_539] Status Update 11-5

Just to let all know.
I'm beta testing a new firmware for the Eagle and for the Argonaut VI.

The changes for the Eagle include:
1 - Modified pseudo AGC attack so that it is more resistant to loading upon impulse noise 2 - Corrected occasional startup problem that caused the frequency to jump up or down by 1 step. 3 - Improved algorithm for transmit to prevent over shoot when changing input levels.
4 - Added 4khz and 8khz to bandwidth selection, (lost 3.125khz)

The changes for the Argonaut VI include:
1 - Modified pseudo AGC attack so that it is more resistant to loading upon impulse noise 2 - Corrected occasional startup problem that caused the frequency to jump up or down by 1 step. (very rarely happened, but put in same change from the 599 to help ensure it doesn't)

If the beta guys say I haven't broken anything drastic, I'll create official releases for them possibly this week, but most likely next week. Need time to go through all of these beta releases better.

I do plan on adding VOX to the 539/Argonaut VI, but wanted to at least get this release out as it really does improve re ceive audio performance and subsequent NB and NR performance. And adding VOX would take a few more days alone to do.

Have an OMNI-VII firmware in almost beta form for the AGC QRN fix and also for Ethernet performance. Will see how the inputs were from the weekend, then will get them the OnePlug changes, and may wrap that one up as well in a week or two.

So, hopefully, if all goes well, I should be able to release 588 and One Plug firmware in a week, possibly two, and also hopefully 599/539 firmware next week.

Will post this on a couple of forums,
Thanks, and 73,
John Henry, KI4JPL
TEN-TEC Engineering