[TenTec] Sidetone problem Omni VI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Sidetone problem Omni VI
From: "Wolfgang Peringer" <dk7cy@bingo-ev.de>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 10:11:51 +0100
Hello:

I have a problem with the sidetone volume of my Omni VI. I have got it from a
friend who gave it to me before he passed away last week. Even at the lowest
setting of the sidetone volume it is extremly loud. and distorted. The volume
is normal only when I unplug the sidetone control (plug 52 on IF/audio board).
In that case, however, the volume depends also on the setting of the AF gain
pot. I had some Omni VI and VI+ in the past and can not remember to have had
such a problem. Any suggestions?
vy 73
Wolfgang
dk7cy