Re: [TenTec] Care and Feeding of Centurions

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Care and Feeding of Centurions
From: "Mike Pagel, K9UW" <k9uw@wi-net.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 14:50:18 -0600
QST published an article called "Amplifier Care and Maintenance" in September of 2003 and it is available (as a PDF) to members on their web site. The article includes a flow chart for diagnosing problems.

My Centurion is ~1992 vintage and I bought it used. To date, I've replaced several components. The tubes were first (after dropping one of them while unpacking the amp the day it arrived!). The original fan became noisy so it was replaced. A couple of years ago, operator error resulted in a damaged variable capacitor (Tuning), which I replaced with guidance from Jim Rogers at TenTec. Jim provided superb support to this appliance operator, and I was able to handle the job without shipping the amp back to TenTec for service.

For some reason, Bob, I had assumed those fans were not to be lubricated. Guess I'd better get in there.....

73, de Mike, K9UW
Amherst, WI

-----Original Message----- From: Bob McGraw - K4TAX