Re: [TenTec] 422 Centurion blowing fuses...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 422 Centurion blowing fuses...
From: Bry Carling <bcarling@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 17:06:44 -0500
Nope the testing was done as follows:

Applied 120 VAC to the secondary. Then check with AC VOLTMETER on the
primaries. One showed 3.65 v and the other showed zero.
The good primary reads 0.5 ohms and the bad one reads 0.1 ohms.
Shorted primary us a common failure mode for these TenTec transformers. Gary
WZ1M has rewound 7 from Centurions in the past 2 years.

Best regards - Bry Carling