Re: [TenTec] "Reasonable Price for Paragon II with PS?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] "Reasonable Price for Paragon II with PS?
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 12:53:10 -0600
Depends on if one wants a ham band receiver and transmitter or a general coverage transmitter and receiver. The Paragon II basically follows the protocol for the Omni V as I believe that Carl, N4PY, did the firmware for the Paragon II and the Omni V.

I've had both the Paragon II and the Omni VI Plus on the desk at the same time for several years. As to the Omni V compared to the Omni VI Plus, I'd opt for the RX performance of the Omni VI Plus over the Omni V. But again, one must consider the general coverage product vs. the ham band only product.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Bryce" <prosolar@sssnet.com>