[TenTec] OMNI V Frequency Changes

To: Discussion of Ten- Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI V Frequency Changes
From: Ed Purvis <wa4njy@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 10:29:05 -0800 (PST)
For several months my OMNI V was off frequency from the readout by about 10 to
15 cycles.  Just enough for contacts to mention having to use RIT.  I installed
the N4PY chip which allows me to bring display and output together.  The new
chip made this a very different and enjoyable radio and the off freq. nuisance
was gone.

Lately, there has been a freq. jump when changing bands.  The calibration is
not holding.  The long term stability is good if left on one band.  The only
work I have done is tighten screws on logic board and reset connectors.  No
improvement.

My only thoughts are:  Y1 crystal, VFO encoder.  Not sure beyond those as
possibilities.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed WA4NJY