Re: [TenTec] OMNI V Frequency Changes

To: Ed Purvis <wa4njy@yahoo.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI V Frequency Changes
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py3@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 13:50:12 -0500
The band crystals may be aging. I found my 40 meter crystal worked best if I moved it about 2 khz from where it was supposed to be and then used the N4PY calibration procedure to bring it back it.

You might want to play around with each trimmer for each band crystal. If you can find a place where the crystal no longer runs, move the trimmer quite a bit past where the crystals starts running again.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com