Re: [TenTec] still praising old technology

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] still praising old technology
From: John Farler <k4avx1@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 21:54:38 -0500
Probably the same reason they don't send prizes or give a break for
hamfest prizes.  Has to be a big show (Dayton).  They are not a big
organization - visit for a plant tour sometime.

Most DX-Peditions receive donations from the conpeting Japanese
companies, I'd guess, so the companies can use the Dx-Peditions in
their ads.  Maybe plus the West Coast guys, but I'm not sure whether
K-3's were bought or donated to DX-Expeditions where
they were used.

Also, TT tended to  make gear larger in size until the Eagle, I guess.

John, K4AVX

I realize that compared to you guys, I'm not worthy to walk in your shadows but
I do read all the discussions with interest and learn much. I have owned and do
have TenTec products and for the most part have been pleased. I have wondered
however, why we never see any DXexpeditions using TenTec equipment? Comments.

From:resluder@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 11:39:28 -0500