Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+, 422 and 253?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+, 422 and 253?
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 19:45:35 -0500
It does use the OMNI's DB-25 serial interface and 10 to 14 VDC @ 3mA is applied from one of the 25 pins depending on band selected to the appropriate band pin of the 15 pin molex of the 253. When I sold my 564 and bought a 588 (OMNI-VII), I kept the cable then built a band decoder to work with DXLab Commander and the computer parallel port so that the OMNI-VII could band switch the 253.

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M

-----Original Message----- From: Timothy Johnston