Re: [TenTec] Varied Wishes and ramblings

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Varied Wishes and ramblings
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 18:14:02 +0200
Bill,

I agree with you and had the same thought.
I didn't even think about that when I bought the Eagle.

I found a work-around.
I raise the radio on its bezel, and also place about a 1/4 inch piece of
wood under the bezel.
Then I pull then entire radio right up against the keyboard on the left
side.

It didn't take long to get used to tuning with the left hand.
The right hand is free for key and mouse if needed.

I've run about 8 contests that way now and don't miss the POD a bit.
Also, on the Eagle I find I have to work the RF gain a bit more than I did
on the OM6 or Orion, so having it right there is an advantage.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)