Re: [TenTec] New Jupiter on its Way _ A Few Questions

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Jupiter on its Way _ A Few Questions
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 08:07:19 +0200
Richard's advice is sound.

Kaeferlein "made" good loops.
However he's gone.
His successor is Matthias Beese (DH6MM) and he still makes and sells the
same quality of good loops.

The commercial loop I tested and then used for many years was the Kaeferlein
AMA-8.
However as I said, it was actually too large to use indoors.
I couldn't get it to work on 80m until moving it outdoors.

NOW THE PROBLEM:  Shipping cost to the states is probably about $200 or more
for even the smallest loop.

There is also an Italian company making great loops.
They are made by I3VHF.
See: http://www.ciromazzoni.com/English/Loop%20Antenna.htm
These will handle more power than the Kaeferlein loops.  Cost more too!
BUT AGAIN, shipping cost is huge on these.
DOWNLOAD: (English language) his 48-page document on these antennas and see
for yourself.

The guy in my club I spoke of earlier with the 80m loop is running the
"MIDI" loop from this company.  Great product if you don't mind spending
$1700 on an antenna.

I am unaware of a source for good loops like these in the states.
Business opportunity? (hi)

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)