Re: [TenTec] Omni VI mystery

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI mystery
From: K8JHR <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 16:37:19 -0400
Golly - I had presumed you had performed a Master Reset at the outset.

I concede I am a still rookie at much of this technical jazz, but with these computer processor based radios, the FIRST thing to try is a Master Reset.

Whenever my Omni VII or Orion II (and even my recently sold Brand X rig) do anything odd, I do a Master Reset and only once did that fail to fix the problem. (One time I had a blown diode in the Omni VII receiver after accidentally hot-switching an active receive antenna... oops... duh... my bad... had to send it to TT HQ for a spa treatment.)

Definitely do the full Master Reset. You might even re-load the firmware, and maybe even try a newer or older firmware release before sending it to TT HQ for a rejuvenating spa treatment.