Re: [TenTec] Eagle problem?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle problem?
From: Lee <ny6p01@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 16:24:47 -0700
Good advice all. The problem with ef I had to battle with my ts480 (2nd
floor apt, floating rf ground), was the unshielded CAT5 cable that
connected the head unit to the main chassis.

I have zero rf problems with a newly acquired Jupiter. Of course I use a
common mode choke at the antenna, use a balanced antenna design and take
several other precautions.