[TenTec] COmputer hook up to Omni VI+

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] COmputer hook up to Omni VI+
From: Jim Allen <jim.allen@longhornband.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 19:42:48 -0500
I see that the Omni VI+ has a connection called a "serial port" in the
back, as well as an "Interface Port" which resembles a serial port DB
connector..

The description in the manual leads me to believe the Interface Port is to
be used to connect to a computer.  Today's computers seldom have serial
ports, and I see that cables are offered on eBay for these radios that are
1/8th" to USB, similar to the Icom cable.

What's the story?  What should one use?  What should one do with a computer
having no serial ports?

73 de W6OGC  Jim Allen